We are asking people and groups around Estacada to "adopt a bed" at the Center.
So far the following people/groups have committed to adoptions:
- the Joanne Derr iris bed -- the TOPS group
- the bed along Clubhouse Drive at the front of the property -- Steve Josse -- bamboo
- the NE bed adjacent to the building -- Tina -- she's planning a scent garden, I believe
- the entire southside bed adjacent to the building -- the Estacada Garden Girls -- I'm not sure what they are planning but it will be GREAT.....
- the bed on the east side of the building from the tree trunk to Clubhouse DR. will be designed by the Estacada Garden Club.
That leaves the following beds to adopt -- either all or a portion:
- the flagpole bed -- it would make a NICE hummingbird garden
- the NW bed adjacent to the building
- a portion of the bed between the street and the parking lot, on the northeast side of the property
- the bed between the street and the parking lot, on the west side of the property
Are you or you and a few friends or family members interested in sponsoring a bed; planning and planting and taking care of the bed through the years? It would be a project that could be REALLY COOL.
Here are some garden ideas:
- a night garden -- white and variegated plants which "shine" at night in the moonlight
- a scent garden
- a wild rose garden
- an all-season garden -- color of some kind all year long
- a native plants garden
- a low-maintenance and low-water garden
So whaddya think? Do you think you and your friends would be up the task and willing to do this FABULOUS community project?
200 SW Clubhouse Drive
PO Box 430
Estacada OR 97023
ADOPT A GARDEN BED PROGRAM
Estacada Community Center